Chicago Music Exchange is looking for a qualified Video Producer to join our video team who is both passionate and excited about music gear, and wants to be actively involved in the most dynamic film channel in our industry. Our video department services a fast-growing musical instrument retail operation and seeks a person who can participate in various stages of the production process and online video campaigns.
You should be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment and to experience various aspects of video production in musical instrument retail. Although video will take up a majority of your time, you will be responsible for non-video related tasks as well, including, but not limited to, content management, production runner, and YouTube maintenance and copywriting.
- Assisting in film shoots for normal demonstrations, narratives, and special events
- Editing video and audio for all films shot
- Assisting with creation, and maintenance, of shooting schedules and talent coordination
- Content management and video file organization
- Running for production gear and equipment and/or anything needed for production
- Experience in Final Cut Pro X, Logic and Lightroom
- Passion for all things music gear!
- Awareness of popular trends and styles within the musical instrument industry
- Sense of urgency that comes with a rapidly growing business
- Great communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Eagerness to work successfully within a team environment
- Driven, hands-on worker that does not require lots of hand-holding
- Experience with audio engineering and setting up/mic'ing musical equipment for film purposes
- Base compensation structure dependent on experience level
- Bonus structure based on performance and team goals
- Dynamic small team environment with no bureaucracy and super cool people
- Roscoe Village location next to the Paulina Brown Line stop
- Employee discount on music gear